Alpha 0.4.0 was a major update released for Minecraft Pocket Edition on September 12, 2012.
- Flint and Steel (only used to ignite TNT and could only be obtained in Creative using inventory editing)
- Seeds (random chance of popping out of the ground when hoed)
- Food (Apples, Bread, Mushroom Stew, etc.)
- New Crafting recipes for Wool and Stone Bricks
- Peaceful Mode where the player auto-regenerates Health like in older versions of Minecraft PE and monsters don't spawn in dark places
- Added Moss Stone, Redstone Ore, White Wool, and Trapdoors to Creative Mode
- Red Dye could be obtained by smelting Red Mushrooms, and Yellow Dye from Dandelions
- The day was made longer, and Zombies now dropped Feathers
- Snowballs could be thrown, and animal spawning was just being worked on.