- Sheep can be used for Wool if the Player has Shears, and can be killed for Mutton.
- Cows can be used for Milk if the Player has a Bucket and can also be farmed for Leather and Raw Beef.
- Chickens can be used to obtain Eggs at random times. They can also be farmed for Feathers and Raw Chicken.
- Mooshrooms can be used for Mushroom Stew and Milk if the Player has a Bowl and a Bucket respectively. If the Player has Shears, Mooshrooms can be farmed for Mushrooms. They can also be farmed for Beef and Leather.
- Pigs can be used for harvesting Porkchops.
- Horses can be kept for transportation, and if farmed they drop Leather.
- Pit Method – In the Pit Method, the Player must dig a 3 block deep hole with a Ladder to get outside, and lure Mobs inside using the appropriate food. The Mobs can be bred and farmed continuously. This method can be automated using Pistons and/or Dispensers for automated farming.
- Pen Method – In the Pen Method, the Player must surround a relatively large area with Fences and a Fence Gate. Then, he/she must lure Mobs inside and farm them as needed.
- Animal Farming can provide a constant source of items, provided that the Player doesn't kill the animal, or constantly Breeds them.
- Animal Farming can also be done for Hostile Mobs, and is done in a Mob Spawner (a dark room or a Dungeon with a working Mob Spawner).
- Animal Farming can give the Player Experience Points.