The Armor Icon
1/2 Armor point = 1 Defence point
Armor is an item introduced in the 0.6.0 update. Armor is used to lower the amount of damage taken when worn. When the player puts on armor, they gains Defense Points. Each Armor Icon is worth 2 Defense Points.
The highest amount of defense points available are 20, which can only be gained by wearing Diamond Armor.
From the weakest to the strongest - the order is as follows:
- Leather Armor
- Chainmail Armor (Editors Only)
- Gold Armor
- Iron Armor
- Diamond Armor
It is possible to obtain chainmail armor via an inventory editor. Parts of armor can also be found inside blacksmith and dungeon chests.
Helmet = 5 ingots/pieces
Chestplate = 8 ingots/pieces
Leggings = 7 ingots/pieces
Boots = 4 ingots/pieces
Armor can protect the player from-
- Damage from Mobs
- Lava/Fire Damage
- Fall Damage
- Projectile Damage
Armor cannot protect the player from Void damage.
- In the PC and the Console editions of Minecraft, Chainmail Armor can be crafted from unobtainable Fire Blocks (which have to be hacked or modded into the game), providing armor that is slightly stronger than gold or leather.
- In the future, Chainmail armor may become obtainable when Trading is added.
- They can be obtained using Inventory Editors.
- They can also be obtained using /give command in Multiplayer. Though it needs operator's permission to obtain or give.
- Leather armor is the only armor that can be dyed, however this feature is not added to PE yet.
- Armor is very important in survival because they can save you from surprise attacks from mobs, especially those who attack you from behind while mining or placing blocks.