Any spawned Zombie has a 0.25% chance of becoming a Chicken Jockey; if Chickens are present, the chance increases to 0.4875%.
Chicken Jockeys consist of two separate entities, which exhibit their own unique behavior.
Chicken Jockeys can easily be killed using a Sword.
- Chicken Jockeys are the second 'jockey' mob to be added to MCPE, after Spider Jockey.
- Chicken Jockeys will not lay Eggs.
- Chicken Jockeys will not take damage nor die from falling because Chickens don't take fall damage.
- They also won't burn in the Sun, since neither entity is vulnerable to it.
- The Jockey will remain intact while riding a Boat.
- However, if the Jockey enters water without a Boat, the Baby Zombie will jump off.
- Killing the Baby Zombie will result in a passive Chicken, since its Baby Zombie rider was the only hostile portion.
- Killing the Chicken, on the other hand, will leave the hostile Baby Zombie.
- When the difficulty is set on Peaceful, the Baby Zombie will de-spawn, but the Chicken will stay.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey