Clouds in the sky
Clouds are game mechanics that were added in Update 0.6.0 to improve the appearance of the sky. Each cloud is differently formed, but still stays with the blockish theme of the game. Clouds are seen moving slowly through the sky.
- Clouds were part of the Pre-Release, but were removed and re-added in Update 0.6.0.
- The clouds move faster in Creative Mode than in Survival.
- Fancy Graphics must be turned on for clouds to appear as of before Update 0.7.0.
- In Old Worlds, above the clouds, there is an infinite amount of land that the Player can stand on which is mostly formed by clouds.
- This is known as The Cloudland.
- The clouds in PE are the same as the fast graphics of PC/Mac.
- There was a glitch where if the Player attempts to place a Block on thin air whilst in a cloud, the game would crash and if the Player attempts to do this several times the world would possibly be deleted. However, this glitch was fixed in update Update 0.8.1.
- Clouds marked the 128 block building limit before Update 1.0, when the block limit was increased to 256 blocks.
- If the Player sees Water, Lava or a Nether Portal block through a cloud, it will disappear.
- There was a glitch in Update 0.14.2 that caused clouds to have an incorrect texture. It was fixed in Update 0.14.3.