Clouds are game mechanics that were added in Update 0.6.0 to make the sky look better. Each cloud is differently formed and moves slowly across the sky.
- Clouds were part of the Pre-Release, but were removed and re-added in update 0.6.0.
- The clouds move faster in Creative Mode than in Survival.
- Fancy Graphics must be turned on for clouds to appear as of before Update 0.7.0.
- In Old Worlds, above the clouds, there is an infinite amount of land that the Player can stand on which is mostly formed by clouds.
- This is known as The Cloudland.
- The clouds in PE are the same as the fast graphics of PC/Mac.
- There is a glitch where if the player attempts to place a Block on thin air whilst in a cloud, the game will crash and if the player attempts to do this several times the world will possibly be deleted. However, this glitch was (supposedly) fixed in update 0.8.1.
- Clouds mark the 128 block building limit.
- However, the block limit was increased to 256 blocks in Update 1.0.
- If the player sees Water, Lava or a Nether Portal block through a cloud, it will disappear.
- There was a glitch in Update 0.14.2 that caused clouds to have an incorrect texture. It was fixed in Update 0.14.3.