Desert Temples spawn exclusively in Deserts and contain various rare loot. They can be partly hidden underground.
Desert Temples are built out of all 3 types of Sandstone and Sandstone Stairs in a pyramidal shape. On the sides and front, it has Orange Stained Clay. A normal, fully formed Temple has six entrances:
- One in each tower (2).
- One on the rooftop.
- One through the front of the temple.
- One on each side of the temple (2).
The inside of the Desert Temple consists of a main room with numerous pillars made out of Sandstone. In the main room, there is a Block of Blue Stained Clay surrounded by Orange Stained Clay. Underneath is a deep pit with 4 Chests and a trap at the bottom consisting of 9 TNT linked to one Stone Pressure Plate.
Loot from two different groups can be found inside the chests. The distribution is as follows:
|Group 1 count: 2-4|
|Iron Horse Armor||15/232||6.5%||1|
|Gold Horse Armor||10/232||4.3%||1|
|Diamond Horse Armor||5/232||2.2%||1|
|Enchanted Golden Apple||2/232||0.9%||1|
|Group 2 count: 4|
- Sometimes, Sand may be covering a part of the Desert Temple, making it hidden.
- In an extremely rare case, the Player may find a Desert Temple already blown up, due to a Hostile Mob spawning in the treasure room and unintentionally stepping on the Pressure Plate.
- Desert Temples have no relation to Desert Wells.
- Some Desert Temples are cut off by the structure, which causes missing pieces.
- Two Desert Temples may spawn at the same elevation and perfectly share one of the towers, creating a perfect double Desert Temple, however, such generation is extremely rare.
- The player can only find naturally generated TNT in Desert Temples.
- Desert Temples have an 'extra' Sandstone Block built on one of the steps of the back of the Pyramid.
- This means that Desert Temples are not symmetrical.
- Desert temples are based on pyramids in Egypt.
- Desert Temples are grey when viewed on a Map. This makes them easier to find.
- They are composed of:
- A Jungle Temple is the equivalent of the Desert Temple in a Jungle Biome.
Moss Stone Boulders | Abandoned Mineshaft (Mesa Mineshafts) | Dungeon | Mineral Vein | Desert Well | Lava Pools | Fallen Tree | Caves | Ravine | Stronghold | Village | Giant Mushrooms | Ice Spikes | Libraries | Desert Temple | Witch Hut | Jungle Temple | Ocean Monument | Igloo | Nether Fortress | Glowstone Cluster | End City | Chorus Tree | End Gateway Portal | Woodland Mansion