Diamonds are usually found underground near Y=12 level. They spawn very rarely in Caves. Diamonds can also occasionally be found in Villages, Desert Temples, Nether Fortresses, Jungle Temples, and Stronghold Chests.
- 1 Block of Diamond => 9 Diamonds
- 2 Diamonds + 1 Stick => Diamond Sword
- 1 Diamond + 2 Sticks => Diamond Shovel
- 3 Diamonds + 2 Sticks => Diamond Pickaxe
- 3 Diamonds + 2 Sticks => Diamond Axe
- 2 Diamonds + 2 Sticks => Diamond Hoe
- 5 Diamonds => Diamond Helmet
- 8 Diamonds => Diamond Chestplate
- 7 Diamonds => Diamond Leggings
- 4 Diamonds => Diamond Boots
- 9 Diamonds => Block of Diamond
- 2 Diamonds + 4 Obsidian + 1 Book => 1 Enchantment Table
- 1 Diamond + 8 Wooden Planks=> 1 Jukebox (in Update 1.2)
Diamonds are used to craft Enchantment Tables, and variants of Tools, Armor, and Weapons.
- Diamonds are one of the rarest Items in Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- Diamond Hoes are not often used as they are considered by some to be useless, as they do not hoe things faster than lower-tier tools such as Gold or Wood.
- Diamond Hoes, however, have the highest durability. It is often paired with Unbreaking for a reliable farming tool.
- Enchanting an Iron or Diamond Pickaxe with the Fortune enchantment is an efficient way to get many Diamonds, as each level of the enchantment increases the maximum drop count.
- It is a false belief that Diamonds can only be found near Lava, as there is nothing in the code to suggest so.
- Diamond tools are the only ones that are non-renewable.
- Before Update 0.12.1, Diamonds could be used to craft a Nether Reactor Core.
- Contrary to popular belief, Diamond Tools are not the fastest in the game. Gold Tools are slightly faster than Diamond Tools.