The Monster Spawners in a Dungeon can spawn a Zombie (or Zombie Villager), Skeleton, or Spider. The Monster Spawners can be disabled by providing adequate lighting or destroying the Spawner itself with a Pickaxe.
It is possible to find the following loot in a Dungeon:
It's possible to access the loot in the Chests through holes from the sides of the Dungeon. If a hole is placed at floor level, neither of the Mobs can attack the Player with the exception of Stray Arrows from Skeletons.
Four types of spawners may be found.
|Cave Spider||Found on Mineshafts|
- Dungeons are very hard to locate, though they can be located by listening for Mob sounds underground. Note that it must distinctly come from one Mob. The sounds could just be an indicator of an unlit and dark area nearby. However, Dungeons are the easiest of the three Underground Structures to find.
- In the Beta Builds for Update 0.15.0, there was a bug where Dungeons and Strongholds would not generate.
- Sometimes, Dungeons may not contain Chests at all.
- Dungeons usually have one chest, sometimes have two, and very rarely can have three.
- Before Update 0.9.4, there was a bug that caused the Monster Spawners to spawn Hostile Mobs, even when on Peaceful.
- Rare items inside Dungeons are usually Saddles, Armor, and valuable Ores.
- Very rarely, one Dungeon may intersect the other, forming a double Dungeon. Even more rarely, three Dungeons will intersect. The chance of such is lower than 5%.
- One way to locate a Dungeon in a Cave is to observe the quantity of Mobs that spawn in that cave. If the Player thinks that the mobs are way too many to have spawned naturally, and they all seem to be coming from one particular place, then there is a Dungeon nearby.
- Dungeons can be inside Abandoned Mineshafts.
- This is the smallest generated structure currently in Minecraft.
- They can spawn under sea level.
- Bug: There was a bug where Chests where invisible. The Player could walk over them and bump into them, but could not access them.
- Rarely, Dungeons can spawn intersecting with a Stronghold.
Moss Stone Boulders | Abandoned Mineshaft (Mesa Mineshafts) | Dungeon (New Dungeon) | Mineral Vein | Desert Well | Lava Pools | Fallen Tree | Caves | Ravine | Stronghold | Village | Giant Mushrooms | Ice Spikes | Libraries | Desert Temple | Witch Hut | Jungle Temple | Ocean Monument | Igloo | Nether Fortress | Glowstone Cluster | End City | Chorus Tree | End Gateway Portal