An Ocean Monument has three wings with one Treasure Room each where an Elder Guardian spawns.
Elder Guardians behave similarly to Guardians, however, do not swim along too much.
The Elder Guardian has two attacking methods. The first method is to attack using a laser beam, and the second is to use the spikes on its body. The Elder Guardian also inflicts the Mining Fatigue Status Effect on Players within a 50-Block radius, making it hard to mine out of the Monument and increasing the chance of drowning. Its affect can be reduced if the Player applies the Haste Status Effect from a Beacon.
- Elder Guardians are considered a 'boss' by some Players, and are widely accepted as a mini-boss.
- In Minecraft Pocket Edition, the Elder Guardian has the fourth-highest health of any Mob, only being outranked by the Wither with 600 health points (x300), the Ender Dragon with 200 (x100) and the Iron Golem with 100 (x50).
- They are the runner-up for the hostile mob with the highest health, due to the Iron Golem not being aggressive.
- Elder Guardians, similar to Guardians, will also attack Squids with their laser beams.
- Mobs which can apply status effects on the Player include (listed in order of addition to Minecraft Pocket Edition): Cave Spiders, Wither Skeletons, Witchs, Strays, Husks, Withers, Elder Guardians, and Shulkers.
- Easter Egg: The texture files for the Elder Guardian and the Guardian have Jeb's signature on it. This is because Jeb created the skins for the Elder Guardian, as well as the common Guardian.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey