An Enchanted Book
Enchanted Books are used to Enchant items in an anvil. The Player must put the desired item in the first slot of the anvil and the enchanted book in the second slot so he/she can enchant it.
Using Enchanted Books, Players can get multiple desired Enchantments onto a single Weapon/Tool rather than Enchanting multiple items. Also, it allows the Player to Enchant items which cannot be enchanted normally using an Enchantment Table.
Enchanted Books can be obtained by Enchanting Books using an Enchantment Table. They can also be obtained by Fishing as a "treasure" item, or found in Dungeon and Stronghold Chests. Enchanted Books can also be obtained by Trading emeralds for them with Villagers.
- Enchanted Books resemble normal books, but they have a purple glow.
- All types of Enchanted Books are available in the Creative Mode Inventory.
- The Player may also be able to obtain Enchanted Books from Trading with Villagers in the future.
- Players can acquire Enchanted Books via Inventory Editors, but it has no Enchantments.
- After Update 0.15.0, Enchanted Books now generate in Dungeons in Chests.
- The enchantments Sharpness, Bane of Arthropods, and Smite work on Enchanted Books even if they can not be combined in a Tool.
- Enchanted books show yellow texts when held in hand.
- As of Update 0.14.0, they can spawn in Chests in Abandoned Mineshafts, but, strangely, they would not have any Enchantments.
- This was fixed in Update 0.15.0.
- They are more common in Desert Temple Chests in Update 0.15.0.
- Fire Aspect can set Mobs on Fire, even using the Enchanted Book itself.
- This was later fixed.