An Enchanted Sword
Enchanting is an in-game mechanic that was added in Update 0.12.1. It allows the Player to give special abilities to weapons, Tools and Armor. Enchanting is possible either by an Enchantment Table, or by an Anvil with Enchanted Books.
Enchanting through an Enchantment Table requires a specific number of Experience Levels and Lapis Lazuli. Once the required tool/armor is placed, the Player may select from a choice of 3 enchantments, each requiring different amounts of experience and Lapis Lazuli. Once the Player selects one, the item will be enchanted. Surrounding an Enchanting Table with Bookshelves increases the level of enchantment.
Enchanting through Anvils requires an enchanted book and the item that is to be enchanted. Once both are added, the Player can choose to enchant the item. Once done, the item will be enchanted.
|Sharpness/Power-V||Increases damage each level|
|Bane of Arthropods-V||Gives spiders, cave spiders, and silverfish the slowness Effect.|
|Smite-V||Increases damage against undead Mobs|
|Fire Aspect-II/Flame-I||Sets mobs on fire, ignite TNT(s) (Bow only)|
|Knockback/Punch-II||Increases knockback for each level|
|Looting-III||Extra drops and increases chance of rare drops|
Shoots arrows without consuming them; Requires at least one arrow
|Silk Touch-I||Allows collection of the blocks themselves|
|Fortune-III||Multiplies drops each level|
|Efficiency-V||Increases mining speed|
|Lure-III||Attracts fish faster for fishing rod only|
|Luck of the Sea-III||Increases chance of capturing treasure for Fishing rod only|
|Protection-IV||Reduces most damage|
|Blast Protection-IV||Reduces explosion damage|
|Fire Protection-IV||Reduces fire damage and reduces burning time|
|Projectile Protection-IV||Reduces damage from arrows and fire balls|
|Thorns-III||Attackers take damage|
|Feather Falling-IV||Reduces fall damage for Boots only|
|Respiration-III||Increases underwater breathing time for Helmet only|
|Aqua Affinity-I||Allows the same mining speed as on land for Helmet only|
|Depth Strider-III||Increases movement speed in Water for Boots only|
The Roman numeral after the enchantment names indicates the highest level of this particular enchantment. Higher numeral has increased effect of the enchantment.
- Enchanted Items have a purplish glow to them.
- Enchanting using an anvil will ultimately require enchanting a Book through an Enchantment Table.
- The Enchantment 'Fortune' can only work with Ores that drop their resources when mined. Examples of these ores are Diamond Ore, Redstone Ore, etc.
- 'Aqua Affinity' is often mistaken as 'Aqua Infinity'.
- Despite their low durability, Gold items will get the best results when enchanted.
- The Player can only have one of the 3 enchantments: Sharpness, Smite, or Bane of Arthropods on their sword.
- Items can be enchanted through Commands in Update 0.16.0.
- Axes of all kinds can be enchanted with Sharpness, Smite, or Bane or Arthropods along with the usual enchants for Tools.