Relative to explosion damage
Ghasts fly around in the sky, crying at regular intervals. They can usually be heard from many blocks away, even off screen. They will shoot fireballs after noticing the Player, even if they are off screen. When killed, they give a very loud shriek.
Ghasts attack by flying around and shooting exploding Fire Charges, which can be deflected by using any kind of Tool or the Players' hand (by punching it before it hits the Player), or by shooting it with an Arrow. If the deflected Fire Charge hits the Ghast, it will kill the Ghast in one hit.
- Mobs which can fly include (listed in order of addition to Minecraft Pocket Edition): Bat, Ghast, Blaze, Wither, Ender Dragon, and Vex.
- Bug: Ghasts spawned with only of health and were naturally hostile in Creative Mode in Update 0.11.0 Beta Build 7.
- The audio used for the Ghast is actually a recording of C418's cat making bizarre noises.
- Ghasts cannot destroy any blocks that have a Blast Resistance higher than 15. (E.g: Cobblestone)
- Before Update 0.14.0, Ghasts didn't have an attack animation.
- A Ghast Fire Charge hitting the frame of an unlit Nether Portal will actually re-ignite a Nether Portal.
- Similarly, if a Ghast Fire Charge hits a lit Nether Portal, it will deactivate it.
- Bug: In Update 0.15.0, Ghasts spawn in as giant floating Squids.
- Bug: After Update 0.16.0, Ghasts would spawn in ridiculous numbers and could spawn in 3X3 areas.
- This was fixed in Update 1.0.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey