Gold Ingots are Items obtained by smelting Gold Ore in a Furnace, or sometimes through Villages, Minecarts with Chest in Abandoned Mineshafts, and Desert Temple Chests. They are the weakest material for Tools in the game.
- 9 Gold Ingots => 1 Block of Gold
- 4 Gold Ingots => Gold Boots
- 7 Gold Ingots => Gold Leggings
- 8 Gold Ingots => Gold Chestplate
- 5 Gold Ingots => Gold Helmet
- 2 Gold Ingots + 1 Stick => Gold Sword
- 3 Gold Ingots + 2 Sticks => Gold Pickaxe/Gold Axe
- 2 Gold => 1 Weighted Pressure Plate (Light)
- 1 Gold Ingot + 2 Sticks => Golden Shovel
- 2 Gold lngots + 2 Sticks => Golden Hoe
- 4 Gold lngots + 1 Redstone => 1 Clock
- 6 Gold Ingots + 1 Stick + 1 Redstone => 6 Powered Rails
- 8 Gold lngots + 1 Apple = 1 Golden Apple
- 1 Gold Ingot => 9 Golden Nuggets
- 9 Gold Nuggets => 1 Gold Ingot
- 1 Block of Gold => 9 Gold Ingots
- Gold Ingots are also dropped by Zombie Pigmen.
- Gold tools have the same Mining Tier as Wood and have lower durability (33, compared to Wood's 60), meaning they can only break the same Blocks wooden tools can break and will be destroyed much faster.
- Gold's high enchantability can be easily used to obtain Tools or Armor that don't require losing durability to work. Examples include Depth Strider, Feather Falling, and Looting.