ExteriorIgloos are constructed of mainly Snow Blocks, with three Blocks of Ice on each of the structure's sides, excluding the entrance.
InteriorAll Igloos contain a Bed, Redstone Torch, Crafting Table, Furnace, and 12 White Carpets (or sometimes Light Grey Carpets). However, some Igloos can also generate with "Basements" which contain a trapped Villager, Zombie Villager, a Brewing Stand, some Red Carpets and a Chest with loot.
Loot from the basement includes a Golden Apple and the Brewing Stand has a Splash Potion of Weakness which can be used to cure the Zombie Villager, which gives the Player the Zombie Doctor Achievement. The basement can be accessed by a Trapdoor hidden under a carpet.
Loot Table for Igloo Chest
There will be at least 3, and at most 8 items from the following list in the chest in an Igloo.
In addition, there will always be 1 Golden Apple.
- Igloos are the second naturally generated structure to spawn with Zombie Villagers inside.
- The other such structure is an Abandoned Village.
- Igloos contain Redstone Torches because regular Torches would cause the Ice to melt.
- Igloos are very useful if a world does not contain any Villages as the Zombie Villager can be cured and bred with the other Villager.
- Monster Eggs can sometimes spawn instead of Stone Bricks in an Igloo's basement.
Moss Stone Boulders | Abandoned Mineshaft (Mesa Mineshafts) | Dungeon (New Dungeon) | Mineral Vein | Desert Well | Lava Pools | Fallen Tree | Caves | Ravine | Stronghold | Village | Giant Mushrooms | Ice Spikes | Libraries | Desert Temple | Witch Hut | Jungle Temple | Ocean Monument | Igloo | Nether Fortress | Glowstone Cluster | End City | Chorus Tree | End Gateway Portal