Igloos can be found in Ice Plain Biomes.
ExteriorIgloos are constructed of mainly Snow Blocks, with three Blocks of Ice on each of the structure's sides, excluding the entrance.
InteriorAll Igloos contain a Bed, Redstone Torch, Crafting Table, Furnace, and 12 White Carpets (or sometimes Light Grey Carpets). However, some Igloos can also generate with "basements" which contain a trapped Villager, Zombie Villager, a Brewing Stand, some Red Carpets and a Chest with loot. The basement can be accessed by a Trapdoor hidden under a Carpet.
Loot from the basement includes a Golden Apple and the Brewing Stand has a Splash Potion of Weakness which can be used to cure the Zombie Villager, which gives the Player the Zombie Doctor Achievement.
|Group 1 count: 2-8|
|Group 2 count: 1|
- Igloos are the second naturally generated structure to spawn with Zombie Villagers inside.
- The other such structure is an Zombie Village.
- Igloos contain Redstone Torches because regular Torches would cause the Ice to melt.
- Igloos are very useful if a world does not contain any Villages as the Zombie Villager can be cured and bred with the other Villager.
- Monster Eggs can sometimes spawn instead of Stone Bricks in an Igloo's basement.
- After Update 1.1, Igloos will generate with White Beds.
NaturalLava Pools • Tree (Fallen) • Caves • Ice Spikes • Giant Mushrooms • Moss Stone Boulders • Mineral Vein •
Small StructuresWitch Hut • Desert Well • Igloo • Library
Large StructuresAbandoned Mineshaft (Mesa) • Woodland Mansion • Temples (Jungle | Desert) • Stronghold • Ocean Monument • Village
Nether StructuresNether Fortress • Glowstone Cluster •
End StructuresEnd City • Chorus Tree • End Gateway Portal