Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Light level 15
Lava spawns in Caves and sometimes on the surface in forms of Lava Pools, it is usually bordered with Stone with the exception of an occasional Sand border, making them easy to detect. In Old World types, Lava was very difficult to locate, as Caves were not available. Lava will also spawn in Villages within a blacksmith's workshop. Lava "oceans" several blocks deep will also spawn in the Nether, as well as Lava falls.
- When flowing Lava touches flowing Water, Cobblestone can be infinitely created and mined.
- If Lava touches a Water source block, Stone is created.
- When Stationary Lava touches flowing Water, Obsidian is created.
- When Lava flows into flowing water from the top, Stone can be infintely created and mined.
- Lava can burn flammable blocks if they arere nearby.
- When the Player touches Lava, they will start to take 2 hearts of damage every second.
- A Player in Lava will also get the fire animation on the screen, obstructing their view, indicating they are on fire.
- Most mobs touching Lava will get the same effect, with the exceptions of Nether mobs such as Zombie Pigmen, Blazes, etc. which are immune to Fire.
- Any Blocks thrown into Lava are incinerated.
- All projectiles that pass through Lava will catch fire and burn the Players or Mobs for 4 seconds upon impact.
- Lava can ignite TNT.
It is recommended that players carry at least one bucket of Water with them when planning to mine, as they may drop into Lava. Quickly placing the Water between them and a pool of Lava below can prevent Players from falling in and thus dying, and using Potions of Fire Resistance or Eating Enchanted Golden Apples can also save the Player from potential death.
- Lava will damage Endermen, making them teleport away when in contact. The Enderman will still be on Fire even when it teleports away.
- Lava will also damage Witches. However, they may eventually drink a Potion of Fire Resistance, making them immune to the effects of Lava.
- If a Block is placed onto a Lava source block, it will destroy the Lava source and it will disappear. The same is also true for Water.
- Lava was removed in Alpha 0.3.3 due to a major fire bug that would ignite the entire world, rendering it uninhabitable. It was re-added in Update 0.7.0.
- After Update 0.12.1, Lava received many changes:
- The damage taken from Lava could now be reduced using Fire Protection Enchantments or Potions.
- Lava now emits more light.
- It became possible to swim and get out of Lava.
- Since Lava has different physics, it is not possible to make infinite Lava sources. Thus, Obsidian is not renewable.
- In the Nether, Lava flows quicker and further, much like water on the surface.
- When a block of Lava is placed on top of a solid, opaque block, droplets of Lava will fall from the bottom of the solid block.
- Version Exclusive: After Update 0.14.2, Lava along with water got a new animation.
- An alternative form of Lava, called Stationary Lava, acts the same as normal Lava but will not flow until a block is updated near it.
- It is only available through Inventory Editing.
- The Texture of Lava was changed in Update 0.7.0.
- The player used to not be able to drown in Lava.
- However, as of Update 0.16.0 it is possible to drown in Lava.