Interior of a Mesa Mineshaft
Mesa Mineshafts are composed of Dark Oak Planks and Fences as beams. They sometimes extend inside mountains from Mesa Biomes. Typically, they are shorter than normal Abandoned Mineshafts but can be just as complex.
While they must originate in a Mesa Biome, they can run into other biomes as well.
Abandoned Mineshafts and Mesa Mineshafts
- Rails, similar Blocks and rooms.
- Torches in random places.
- Composed of multiple rooms.
- Have Cave Spider Spawners.
- Have a Minecart with Chest.
- Made of Dark Oak Wood rather than Oak.
- Generally shorter than its counterpart.
- Gold Ore is very common.
- Spawns on the surface rather than underground.
- Generates at multiple places compared to a single compact area.
- Bug: Before Update 0.14.1, Minecarts with Chests could only generate on floating rails outside Mesa Mineshafts.
- Mesa Mineshafts were exclusive to Minecraft Pocket Edition before 1.10 for PC and TU43 for Xbox.
Moss Stone Boulders | Abandoned Mineshaft (Mesa Mineshafts) | Dungeon | Mineral Vein | Desert Well | Lava Pools | Fallen Tree | Caves | Ravine | Stronghold | Village | Giant Mushrooms | Ice Spikes | Libraries | Desert Temple | Witch Hut | Jungle Temple | Ocean Monument | Igloo | Nether Fortress | Glowstone Cluster | End City | Chorus Tree | End Gateway Portal