Mob AI (Artificial Intelligence) is a behavioral system followed by all Mobs in Minecraft Pocket Edition. Each group of Mobs (Passive, Hostile and Neutral) has a general AI, though mobs in these categories may have special AI of their own.
- They wander aimlessly in the world, though certain mobs may react differently in certain conditions.
- They run away from the Player when attacked.
- In some cases, they follow the Player when they hold a Food item.
- They usually drop some amount of Experience.
Some passive mobs also follow special AI:
- Rabbits hunt down and destroy mature Carrot plants.
- Ocelots can be tamed using Raw Fish.
- Bats have the ability to fly, though they do not avoid obstructions such as Lava.
- Horses can be tamed and ridden.
Neutral Mobs are not affected by the Player unless he/she triggers them in some way, or certain conditions are specified.
- Wolves hunt down Sheep and Skeletons. They can also be tamed using Bones.
- Endermen can teleport.
- Spiders turn hostile only during nighttime.
- Nearby Wolves and Pigmen attack the Player when one of their kind is attacked.
Hostile Mobs are naturally hostile towards the Player, and will attack any Player in their vicinity. They use different methods (melee, ranged, potions) to do so.
- Withers, Wither Skeletons, Husks, Strays, The Wither, and Elder Guardians imbue the Player with Status Effects.
- Witches drink beneficial potions to help themselves.
- Slimes and Magma Cubes split into smaller versions of themselves when killed.
- Skeletons run away from Wolves.
- When a Wither's health reaches 50%, it will become immune to arrows and summon Wither Skeletons.