- Passive mobs ignore the player and run away if attacked.
- Hostile mobs pursue the player if they are close enough.
- Neutral mobs attack the player only if aggravated.
- Utility mobs are created by the player and attack hostile mobs.
Mobs tend to drop items that can be used for crafting, eating, or smelting.
The first Hostile Mob added to Minecraft PE. Attacks using melee by walking slowly towards the player. Drops rotten flesh, and makes a low, groaning sound. Can sense players through solid blocks. Burns in sunlight and spawns in light level 7 or below. Has a chance to wear of armor or/and carry a weapon. Have a chance to spawn as Zombie Villagers (5% chance or when a zombie kills a villager). Can also spawn as babies which are faster, can ride on passive mobs, do not burn in sunlight.
Circles the player and shoots arrows. Has no melee attack. Drops arrows and bones. Burns in sunlight like zombie and spawns in light level 7 or below. Chances of wearing armor. When on fire, they will find a place under a tree or in water instead of attacking you.
Very dangerous mob. Explodes when near the player, destroying blocks, and even killing nearby mobs or players. Makes hissing sound when about to explode, but approaches silently. Does not burn in sunlight, and spawns in light level 7 or below. When struck by lightning turns in a Charged Creeper which has an explosion that is more powerful.
Spawn in random chunks underground in caves, and in Swamp Biomes. Cannot swim and drown underwater. When killed, split into smaller versions of themselves.
Spawn only in Extreme Hills Biomes in the form of monster eggs, or through a mob spawner in strongholds. When attacked, summon all other silverfish in the area. However, if one hit killed, it will not summon other silverfish.
Hostile mobs that spawn in the Nether and look like nether versions of slimes. They drop magma cream.
Nether Variant of the Skeleton. Spawn in Nether Fortresses. Are black in color and carry a stone sword. Also has an 80% chance to spawn in the Nether in place of normal skeletons. Will drop coal and bones, sometimes his head.
Hostile Mobs that spawn in Witch Huts in Swamp Biomes. Throw harmful Potions at the player and can heal themselves with Potions as well. Will drop gunpowder, redstone (dust), glowstone dust , and sticks .
Spawn in light level 7 or below, and always spawn hostile, but turn neutral in light levels above 7 unless attacked. Can vertically climb over blocks without ladders and see the player through solid blocks. Do not burn in sunlight and can spawn as a Skeleton Jockey. They drop string, and spider eyes .
Spawn rarely in light level of 7 or below. Turn hostile when looked at directly or attacked. Takes damage from water, and cannot be hit by projectiles (eg. snowballs, arrows, eggs). Can move and place some specific blocks and teleport from place to place. Hostile Endermen turn neutral by daylight. Does not drop Ender Pearls.
Turn hostile only when attacked or when a nearby wolf is attacked. Can be tamed by feeding bones, and bred and healed by feeding any sort of meat (including rotten flesh). Tamed Wolves teleport to the player if necessary. Collar can be dyed by using any dye.
Spawn from spawners in Abandoned Mineshafts and Mesa Mineshafts. Only spawn through Mob Spawners or Spawn Eggs. Can Poison the player. Smaller than regular spiders and can spawn with skeleton rider.
Neutral mobs that spawn only in Nether. Spawn with a gold sword, and rarely armor. Can also spawn as babies or chicken jockeys. Spawn in packs, and attack the player together even if he/she attacks only one.
First Mob added to the game. Can be sheared to obtain 1-3 wool and killed to obtain 1 wool. Can be bred using wheat.
Passive mobs that are good sources of food (porkchops). Can be ridden in the PC version, but currently not in PE. Can be bred using carrots, beetroots or potatoes.
Useful mobs that are a good source of food. Drop raw beef and leather when killed; the leather can be used to craft armor. Also gives milk when milked using a bucket. Can be bred using wheat.
Small mobs that do not take fall damage. Drops eggs at regular intervals (around 10 minutes). Drop raw chicken and feathers when killed. Can rarely spawn with a zombie or zombie pigman riding it.
Spawn in villages. Also called NPCs (Non Player Characters) Villagers and Testificates. Currently cannot trade.
Spawns only in Mushroom Biome. Drop raw beef and leather similar to cows, but give red mushrooms when sheared, and mushroom stew when 'bowled' (tapped on by a bowl). When sheared, turns into a normal cow.
Shy mobs that can be tamed by offering fish (raw/cooked). Spawn exclusively in the Jungle Biome. Become Cats when tamed and change skins. Both Ocelots and Cats scare away creepers, which make them a great companion when fighting creepers.
Flying mobs that spawn underground in caves, strongholds, etc. Do not drop anything. Hang on blocks when undisturbed.
Spawn in Water bodies, including oceans, rivers, etc. Release Ink when attacked, and drop ink sacs. Do not have unique dying animation.
Shy mobs that spawn in most biomes. Avoid the players, Wolves and other Hostile Mobs. Will find and eat mature Carrot Crop. Can be fed using Dandelions and Carrots.
Tamable mobs that spawn in Plain and Savannas biomes. Don't run away even if attacked and can be bred using Golden Carrots and Golden Apples. Can be saddled and ridden.Can drop Leather when killed.
Powerful mob with highest health in-game. Spawn in large villages or can be created by the player by placing 4 blocks of iron and pumpkin. Ones that spawn in villagers are neutral; player crafted ones never attack the player.
Mobs created by placing 2 snow blocks and pumpkin. Throw snowballs at hostile mobs. Do not deal damage (except to blazes). Melt in warm biomes.
- Chickens drop 0-2 feathers, 1 raw chicken and 1 cooked chicken if killed by fire.
- Cows drop 0-2 pieces of leather, 0-2 raw beef and 0-2 steak if killed by fire.
- Pigs drop 0-2 raw porkchops and 0-3 cooked porkchops if killed by fire.
- Sheep drop 1 wool when killed, and 1-3 wool when sheared.
- Mooshrooms drop 0-3 mushrooms when sheared, one bowl of mushroom soup when milked, 1-3 raw beef and 0-3 leather when killed.
- Villagers drop nothing.
- Bats drop nothing.
- Rabbits drop 0–1 rabbit hide, 0–1 raw rabbit and 0-1 rabbit foot when killed.
- Horses drop 0-2 leather when killed.
- Endermen currently drop nothing, if not holding a block. However, they drop ender pearls in other versions of Minecraft.
- Spiders and Cave Spiders drop 0-2 string and 0-1 spider eyes.
- Wolves drop nothing.
- Creepers drop 0-2 gunpowder.
- Silverfish drop nothing.
- Skeletons drop 0-2 arrows, 0-2 bones.
- Slimes drop 0-2 Slimeballs.
- Zombies drop 0-1 iron ingots, 0-1 potatoes/carrots and 0-2 rotten flesh.
- Zombie Pigmen drop 0-2 golden nuggets, 0-1 gold ingots, 0-2 rotten flesh.
- Blazes drop 0-1 blaze rods.
- Ghasts drop 0-1 ghast tears and 0-2 gunpowder.
- Witches drop 0-1 Stick, 0-1 Glowstone, 0-1 Redstone, 0-1 Nether Wart and 0-1 Spider Eye, drop potions as equipment drop.
- Iron Golems drop 3-5 iron ingots and 0-2 poppies.
- Snow Golems drop 0-15 snowballs.