The Nether Reactor
The Nether Reactor, sometimes known as the Nether Machine, is a player-built structure that was added in Update 0.5.0. When activated, the Reactor spawns many blocks and items, and most importantly, a tower of Netherrack around it.
- After 0.11.0, the Reactor cannot be created on Bedrock level.
- The reactor remains active for about 45 seconds.
- After the reactor is deactivated, a Netherrack tower is left in its wake.
- The tower will spawn Zombie Pigmen if you are in normal. They spawn in groups of 2-3. Unlike PC and console edition, they are naturally hostile.
- When activated there are 3 stages of the nether core reactor, no matter what when mined will produce the original reactor.
- Sugar Cane
- Red Mushrooms
- Brown Mushroom
- Nether Quartz
- Glowstone Dust
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Melon Seeds
- Before 0.11.0 mining away the Nether Reactor Core during activation would cause eternal night.
- It is a replacement for the Nether, though the Nether will be added in the 0.12.0 update.
- If the nether reactor is activated near the edge of the world, it will sometimes turn day to night instantly.
- If in multiplayer, all Players must be close to the Reactor for it to activate.
- Before 0.6.0, the tower generated was of Obsidian.
- The reactor does not work in Creative Mode.
- Once Update 0.12.0 comes out, the Nether Reactor will not be usable, even if put in correct pattern, it will not generate Tower/Spire. Developers have said it will be given a new use in a future update which may not be comfrimed.
For a gallery, see Nether Reactor/Gallery.