The Nether Reactor
The Nether Reactor, sometimes known as the Nether Machine, is a player-built structure that was added in Update 0.5.0. When activated, the Reactor spawns many blocks and items, and most importantly, a tower of Netherrack around it. It is a replacement for the Nether, though the Nether will be added in the future.
- After the reactor is built, tap the Core to activate the Nether Reactor.
- Once you activate the reactor, it will dig out a square 2 deep, filling it with Netherrack.
- The reactor remains active for about 45 seconds.
- After the reactor is deactivated, a Netherrack tower is left in its wake.
- The tower will spawn Zombie Pigmen if you are in normal. They spawn in groups of 2-3. Unlike PC and console edition, they are naturally hostile.
- Sugar Cane
- Red Mushrooms
- Brown Mushroom
- Nether Quartz
- Glowstone Dust
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Melon Seeds
- You may save the entire netherrack tower, by mining the nether reactor core, this will halt the process keeping the tower and any glowing obsidian that was spawned.
- If the nether reactor is activated near the edge of the world, it will sometimes turn day to night instantly.
- It is advised to bring as few items as possible, due to any items you collect in the reactor.
- Before 0.6.0, the tower generated was of Obsidian.
- If you mine the blocks around the Nether Reactor before they glow red you can get them back.
- When the process has finish the Nether Reactor change it color (like black).And when you mine it and take to your inventory, it turns normaly.