The Nether Reactor
The Nether Reactor, sometimes known as the Nether Machine, is a player-built structure that was added in Update 0.5.0. When activated, the Reactor spawns many blocks and items, and most importantly, a tower of Netherrack around it.
- After the reactor is built, tap the Core to activate the Nether Reactor.
- Once you activate the reactor, it will dig 2 squares down, filling it with Netherrack.
- The reactor remains active for about 45 seconds.
- After the reactor is deactivated, a Netherrack tower is left in its wake.
- The tower will spawn Zombie Pigmen if you are in normal. They spawn in groups of 2-3. Unlike PC and console edition, they are naturally hostile.
- When activated there are 3 stages of the nether core reactor, no matter what when mined will produce the original reactor.
- You can remine the gold blocks when they are red and receive all your items back, then mine the reactor and do it again.
- Sugar Cane
- Red Mushrooms
- Brown Mushroom
- Nether Quartz
- Glowstone Dust
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Melon Seeds
- You may save the entire netherrack tower, by mining the nether reactor core, this will halt the process keeping the tower and any glowing obsidian that was spawned while also giving permanent night.
- It is a replacement for the Nether, though the Nether will be added in the future.
- If the nether reactor is activated near the edge of the world, it will sometimes turn day to night instantly.
- It is advised to bring as few items as possible, due to any items you collect in the reactor.
- If in multiplayer, all Players must be close to the Reactor for it to activate.
- The Nether Reactor can be used to access The Void in Survival Mode.
- Before 0.6.0, the tower generated was of Obsidian.
- If you mine the blocks around the Nether Reactor before they glow red you can get them back but it will be night no matter what.
- When the process has finish the Nether Reactor may change it color (black). And when you mine it and take to your inventory, it turns normal.
- You cannot mine the Glowing Obsidian that the reactor spawns.
- The reactor will not work in creative mode.
For a gallery, see Nether Reactor/Gallery.