Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Nether Reactor
The Nether Reactor, sometimes known as the Nether Machine, was a Player-built structure that was added in Update 0.5.0. When activated, the Reactor spawned many Blocks and items and a tower of Netherrack around it. It was removed in Update 0.12.1, due to the addition of the Nether.
- The Reactor remained active for about 45 seconds.
- When the Reactor is active, a Netherrack spire would spawn. After deactivation, some Netherrack blocks would disappear, causing there to be holes in the spire.
- The Gold and Cobblestone blocks would turn into Glowing Obsidian, then after deactivation, would turn to regular Obsidian.
- The tower would spawn Zombie Pigmen if playing on normal. They spawned in groups of 2-3. Unlike PC and Console editions, they were naturally Hostile.
- This changed when the Nether was implemented.
- When in Multiplayer, all players would have to stand next to the Reactor to activate it.
- Sugar Cane
- Red Mushrooms
- Brown Mushroom
- Nether Quartz
- Glowstone Dust
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Melon Seeds
- Before Update 0.11.0, mining away the Nether Reactor Core during activation would cause eternal night. Even if the player sleeps in a Bed the player will only see one minute of daylight before it returns to night.
- When the player activated the Nether Reactor, the Gold and Cobblestone blocks would turn to Glowing Obsidian. The Core can also be easily mistaken for turning into Glowing Obsidian.
- After 0.11.0, the Reactor cannot be created on Bedrock level.
- In Update 0.5.0, the tower generated was originally made out of Obsidian. This was later changed to Netherrack in Update 0.6.0.
- The Reactor did not work in Creative Mode.
- However, the Reactor could continue to work in Creative Mode in Update 0.11.0 after activation in Survival Mode.
- The Nether Reactor was removed in 0.12.1. However, the blocks still exist in game files.
- It was briefly mentioned that it may gain another use in the future.
- Before Update 0.12.1, the Nether Reactor was the only way to gather Netherrack, Glowstone, and Nether Quartz with the exception of Creative Mode or inventory editors.
For a gallery, see Nether Reactor/Gallery.