Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ores are resources that provide the Item that the ore holds. They appear to be Stone (or Netherrack) blocks with the mineral or gem inside. Ores are necessary for the building of stronger Tools and weapons, and to Craft many items.
List of ores
- Coal - Can be mined with any Pickaxe.
- Iron - Can be mined with a Stone Pickaxe or higher.
- Lapis Lazuli - Can be mined with a Stone Pickaxe or higher.
- Gold - Can be mined with an Iron Pickaxe or higher.
- Redstone - Can be mined with an Iron Pickaxe or higher.
- Diamond - Can be mined with an Iron Pickaxe or higher.
- Emerald - Can be mined with a Stone Pickaxe or higher.
- Nether Quartz - Can be mined with any Pickaxe.
Some ores, like Diamond, Emerald, Redstone, Lapis Lazuli, Coal, and Nether Quartz provide the resource itself. Other ores like Iron and Gold provide the ore Block, which can be smelted into ingots of Iron or Gold.
- Coal Ore was the first ore to be added into Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- Coal Ore (and rarely Iron Ore) can spawn at any height.
- Emerald Ore was added in the Update 0.9.0.
- Redstone Ore was unmineable till Update 0.8.0.
- The only ores that drop the blocks are Gold and Iron ores.
- Emerald is the only ore that is decorational at the moment because Villager Trading has not yet been added.
- Emeralds were originally going to be Ruby, but it was changed due to Dinnerbone's red-green colorblindness.
- Nether Quartz Ore was added in Update 0.12.1. It is the only ore that is found in the Nether.
- Gold Ore can spawn at any height in the Mesa Biome.
- Before Update 0.12.1, Ores didn't drop Experience Orbs.
- Ores can be mined with Silk Touch and then smelted in a Furnace.
- However, this is considered a waste of resources.