A certain material pickaxe is needed to mine a certain ore (Ex: Iron for Diamond)
Type's of Pickaxes.
- Wooden Pickaxe (Can mine basic Blocks, and, coal ore)
- Stone Pickaxe (Same as above but a Stone Pickaxe can mine Iron ore)
- Iron Pickaxe (Everything but Bedrock, and Obsidian)
- Gold Pickaxe (Only Stone level items)
- Diamond Pickaxe (Everything but Bedrock)
- Only a diamond pickaxe can mine obsidian.
- Prior to 0.6.1, if a pickaxe is used on Bedrock, it would break within 20 minutes, due to bedrock being unbreakable.
- Wooden or Stone Pickaxes are useful if you are going on a non-mining adventure as they can clear Stone in case of emergency.
- Golden pickaxes are the fastest when mining Stone-related and Sandstone-related items, but have only 33 uses, making it the weakest Pickaxe.