A certain material pickaxe is needed to mine a certain ore (Ex: Iron for Diamond)
Types of Pickaxes.
- Wooden Pickaxe (Can mine basic stone-blocks & Coal Ore)
- Gold Pickaxe (Only can mine wooden level items)
- Stone Pickaxe (Can mine Iron & Lapis Lazuli Ore )
- Iron Pickaxe (Can mine Diamonds, Emeralds, Gold)
- Diamond Pickaxe (Can mine Obsidian)
- Prior to 0.6.1, if a diamond pickaxe is used on Bedrock , it would break within 20 minutes, due to Bedrock being unbreakable.
- Wooden or Stone Pickaxes are useful if you are going on a non-mining adventure as they can clear Stone in case of emergency.
- Golden pickaxes are the fastest when mining Stone-related and Sandstone-related items, but have only 33 uses, making it the weakest Pickaxe.
- If you mine an item with the wrong pick, it will merely destroy it.
- Pickaxes are sometimes found in village chests.
- Mining Obsidian is only possible with the Diamond Pickaxe.
- Gold Pickaxe is the only pickaxe that cant mine its own ore.
What can mine what
Key: W=Wooden. S=Stone. I=Iron. G=Gold. D=Diamond.
Cobblestone. All. Coal. All. Emerald. S,I,G,D Granite, Andesite and diorite. All. Stone bricks. All. Iron. S,I,D Lapis. S,I,D Gold. I,D Redstone. I,D Obsidian. D Netherrack. All. Quartz. All. Diamond. I,D Nether Reactor Core. I,S,D,G