1-3 Raw Porkchops
Pigs spawn on Grass Blocks at Light Level 9 or above. Herds of Pigs spawn upon world generation.
Pigs wander aimlessly around the Overworld, oinking occasionally, avoiding falling off cliffs high enough to cause fall damage, and will usually stay out of water. If a Pig is struck by Lightning, it will turn into a Zombie Pigman.
Pigs are attracted towards the Player if he/she is holding a Carrot, Potato, or Beetroot and if he/she feeds an adult Pig, it will enter Love Mode. If the Player does the same to another Pig nearby, the two pigs will Breed. Once a Pig has been bred, it cannot enter Love Mode again for 5 minutes.
- Pigs will drop Cooked Porkchops if killed while on Fire.
- Pigs did not spawn in Creative Mode naturally until Update 0.9.0.
- If a Pig is struck by Lightning while the Player is riding it, the Pig will turn into a Zombie Pigman and the Player will be thrown off.
- If the Player is in Peaceful Mode, the Pig will just disappear.
- One of the Achievements called When Pigs Fly requires the Player to ride a Pig while it takes fall damage.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey