Some features are exclusive to Minecraft Pocket Edition:
- Sugar Canes can be grown with Bone Meal.
- Mobs, Players, and other entities can attack the Player even when the game is paused.
Blocks and Items
- Brighter Nether Brick (Block) textures.
- Redstone appears plus-shaped when placed.
- Different Water and Lava textures.
- Enchantment Tables have block luminosity.
- Horse Armor can be crafted with Leather.
- Top Snow are affected by Gravity.
- Leather Horse Armor can be dyed in Cauldrons.
- In Snowy Biomes, Leaves appear frosted with Snow.
- Item Frames are blocks, not entities.
- Cauldrons can be filled with Potions, which can be used for making Tipped Arrows.
- Water inside a Cauldron can be dyed. This dyed water is used for dyeing Leather Armor.
- Monster Spawners are in the Creative Inventory.
- The neck of a Piston has a broad base.
- Pistons can push Block Entities.
- Fishing Rods have a 3D cubic bobber.
- Splash Potion, Potion, and Tipped Arrow of Decay.
- Maps show the tinted color of Grass Blocks, water, and other Blocks in different biomes.
- Villages generate with Carpets for tabletops instead of Pressure Plate.
- Trees can generate as "Fallen" Trees that spawn with one or more Mushrooms.
- Trees can also generate as "Dying" Trees that spawn covered with Vines.
- The Far Lands and Stripe Lands are present.
- Baby Squids can spawn.
- Squids produce ink particles when hit.
- Baby Zombies can ride more Passive Mobs.
- The type of Mob Spawner can be changed with Spawn Eggs.
- The Wither summons Wither Skeletons, when hit at half health, has a new animation, and has new sounds when spawned and killed.
- Cave Spiders can spawn as Cave Spider Jockeys.