Pre-Release was the first test of MCPE. Its appearance is similar to Minecraft Classic on the PC, as grass is brighter than normal, and featured many things that were removed and weren't added until later updates.
- Placing and destroying blocks
- Clouds and Sky
- Hotbar with 9 slots
- Bright Grass and leaves
- Wool of different colors
- Grass and Dirt
- Wood Planks
- Diamond Block
- The only Game mode that was available in this version was Creative Mode, but without the ability to fly.
- Wool was in different colors in this version of Minecraft PE.
- Clouds and sky were removed after this update, not to appear again until 0.6.0.
- TNT was removed after this update and didn't return until Update 0.4.0. Also, it could explode when ignited.
- After this update, pumpkins were removed and didn't come back until Update 0.8.0.
- This is the only version where Roses were red. After this they switched to the Cyan Flower.
- This is the Demo version of Minecraft PE.