Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shears have many uses in Minecraft Pocket Edition:
- Shears are used to harvest Wool from Sheep without killing them. Upon shearing a Sheep, the Player will get 1-3 Wool, with the color of the Wool depending on the color of the Sheep Sheared.
- Shears are the only way to harvest Leaves, Vines, Dead Bushes, Tall Grass, and Ferns to obtain them as a placeable Block.
- Shears can be used on a Snow Golem to remove the Pumpkin on its head.
- Shears can be used on Mooshrooms to turn them into Cows and obtain Mushrooms.
- When used to destroy Wool Blocks, Shears are the fastest and take no durability damage while doing so.
- Shears can remove String from Tripwire Hooks without activating it.
- 2 Iron Ingots => 1 Shears
- Shears break Stone slightly faster than hand.
- After Update 0.12.1, Shears can be used to remove the head of a Snow Golem. This is no longer a Version Exclusive feature as of PC Update 1.9.
- Shears are unique in that they are one of the few Tools that do not require Sticks to Craft, the others being Flint and Steel, Clocks, and Compasses.
- Shears make a snipping sound when used after Update 0.12.1.
- Shears can be Enchanted through Anvils and Enchanted Books.