Shears have many uses in Minecraft Pocket Edition:
- Shears are used to harvest Wool from Sheep without killing them. Upon shearing a Sheep, the player will get 1-3 Wool, the color of which will depend on the color of the Sheep sheared.
- Shears are used to mine Leaves, Vines, Dead Bushes, Tall Grass and ferns to obtain the respective blocks.
- Shears are used on Snow Golems to remove the Pumpkin on their head.
- Shears are used on Mooshrooms to turn them into Cows and obtain Mushrooms.
- Shears are also used to destroy Wool Blocks faster while it takes no durability damage.
- Shears also can remove string from Tripwire Hooks without activating it.
- 2 Iron Ingots => 1 Shears
- Unlike most other tools, Shears have no upgrades.
- Shears break Stone slightly faster than hand.
- After Update 0.12.1, Shears can be used to remove the head of a Snow Golem. This is no longer a Version Exclusive feature as of PC Update 1.9.
- Shears are unique in that they are one of few tools to not require Sticks to craft, the others being Flint and Steel, Clocks and Compasses.
- Shears make a clicking sound when used after 0.12.1.
- Shears can have enchantments on them through Anvils and Enchanted Books.