Shears have many uses in Minecraft Pocket Edition:
- Shears are used to harvest Wool from Sheep without killing them. Upon shearing a Sheep, the player will get 1-3 Wool, and the color of which will depend on the color of the Sheep sheared.
- Shears are the only obtainable way of harvesting Leaves, Vines, Dead Bushes, Tall Grass and Ferns.
- Shears can be used on Snow Golems to remove the Pumpkin on their head.
- Shears can be used on Mooshrooms to turn them into Cows and obtain Mushrooms.
- When used to destroy Wool Blocks, Shears are the fastest and take no durability damage while doing so.
- Shears can remove String from Tripwire Hooks without activating it.
- 2 Iron Ingots => 1 Shears
- Shears break Stone slightly faster than hand.
- After Update 0.12.1, Shears can be used to remove the head of a Snow Golem. This is no longer a Version Exclusive feature as of PC Update 1.9.
- Shears are unique in that they are one of the few tools that do not require Sticks to craft, the others being Flint and Steel, Clocks, and Compasses.
- Shears make a snipping sound when used after 0.12.1.
- Shears can be enchanted through Anvils and Enchanted Books.