An Open Shulker
0-1 Shulker Shell
Shulkers remain stationary while attached to any adjacent Block. If the Block beside them is destroyed, or their shell cannot open, or their Health gets too low, they will attempt to teleport within a 17×17×17 radius. If a Block for them to attach to is not found, they will attach themselves to the air. When its shell is closed, a Shulker has Armor points and is immune to arrows.
Shulkers attack by shooting Players with homing bulbs that inflict them with the Levitation Effect. The effect levitates the Player into the air for a certain amount of time, and causes Fall Damage when it expires.
The Shulker's shell around it, protects itself like a Player wearing Diamond Armor, making it hard to fight.
- The name "Shulker" is a combination of the words "Shell" and "Lurker".
- Shulkers can spawn in Peaceful Mode; however, they will not attack the Player.
- Version Exclusive: The Shulkers' projectiles are bigger than they appear in other versions.
- Version Exclusive: Shulkers can be Dyed through the use of Dyes, but the Player must hold down the dye.
- It is the only Mob other than Sheep that can be Dyed.
- When Shulkers are splashed with a Splash Potion of Invisibility, their head remains visible.
- Bug: In Update 1.0 and Update 1.0.1, if killed while invisible, their head sometimes remains visible and frozen in the death animation.
- This was later fixed in Update 1.0.2.
- Shulkers can be moved by Boats and Minecarts.
- Shulkers are the eighth Mob in MCPE that are able to apply Status Effects on the Player, with the first being the Cave Spider, the second being the Wither Skeleton, the third being the Witch, the fourth being the Stray, the fifth being the Husk, the sixth being the Wither, and the seventh being the Elder Guardian.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey