0-2 (+Loot Level) Bones,
80% of Skeletons in Snow Biomes at night will be Strays.
Skeletons will attack any Player within a 16-Block radius by shooting Arrows from its Bow. Their Arrows can deal up to two heart damage () each, though this can be reduced if the Player wears Armor. If a Skeleton is on Fire, it will shoot burning Arrows, thus setting fire to a Player/Mob if they get too close.
Skeletons, like Zombies, burn and take damage upon entering sunlight.
When fighting Skeletons, the best strategy is to use a Bow, as it is very hard to attack Skeletons using a Sword. However, if using a top-tier sword like Iron or Diamond, melee can be considered an option.
- Skeletons cannot hold Swords in Pocket Edition, but Wither Skeletons are able to hold a Sword.
- They are one of seven mobs (the other six being Zombies, Zombie Pigmen, Wither Skeletons, Husks, Strays and Witches) that can hold an Item.
- Skeletons do not burn in sunlight if they are in Water, in shade or if they are wearing a Helmet.
- However the helmet will eventually lose durability, making the Skeleton burn after several minutes.
- Skeletons can hit Endermen with their Arrows, even though Players cannot.
- Since Update 0.12.1, Skeletons have improved AI — they have greater accuracy which increases with Difficulty.
- Since Update 0.13.0, Wolves chase down and kill Skeletons.
- Unlike Zombies, a Skeleton will not leave shade to attack the Player.
- Since Update 0.15.0, Skeletons have the same Al as Skeletons in the PC version 1.9.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey