There are currently two default skins in Minecraft Pocket Edition:
- Steve, the male model, with 4-pixel arms
- Alex, the female model, with 3-pixel arms
Mojang has released official skin packs containing a variety of skins, mostly based on certain themes or other games These can be either free or paid. There are currently twenty four skin packs:
- City Folk
- Town Folk
- Biome Settlers Pack 1
- Biome Settlers Pack 2
- Biome Settlers Pack 3
- Halloween Costumes
- Holiday Skin Pack 2015
- Journey to the West
- Redstone Specialists
- Minecraft: Story Mode
- Villains Skin Pack
- MineCon Skin Pack* (Only available during MineCon)
- Campfire Tales
- Festive Mash-up 2016
- Saban's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- Magic: The Gathering
- Greek Mythology
- Adventure Time
- Battles and Beasts
- Cyber Space
- A "*" indicates the Skin Pack contains a Skin with Capes.
It is also possible to upload a custom skin into Minecraft Pocket Edition if the Player chooses to do so. They can do so using the Minecraft: Skin Studio Encore App or any image editor. They can also download a skin file from the internet, save it in their images, and access it through the Settings.
- Skins were originally planned for Update 0.10.0, but were postponed as they were too buggy.
- Before Update 0.11.1, there was a bug where Skin Packs could not be purchased.
- From Update 0.12.3 and Update 0.14.2, new skin packs were added in every update.
- After Update 0.15.0, the skins UI was changed.
- After Update 1.2, it will be possible for Player's to change their Skin in-game (without having to exit to the main menu).