Skin Packs in MCPE
There are currently two default skins in the game:
Mojang has released official skin packs containing a variety of skins, mostly based on one or more themes (eg. Christmas, Halloween, etc). These can be either free or paid. There are currently eleven skin packs:
- City Folk
- Town Folk
- Biome Settlers Pack 1
- Biome Settlers Pack 2
- Halloween Costumes
- Holiday Skin Pack 2015
- Journey to the West
- Redstone Specialists
- Minecraft: Story Mode
- Villains Skin Pack
- MineCon Skin Pack (Only available during MineCon.)
- Campfire Tales
- Festive Mash-up 2016
It is also possible to upload a custom skin into the game if the Player chooses to do so. They can do so using the Minecraft: Skin Studio Encore App or any image editor. They can also download a skin file from the internet, save it in their images, and access it through the game.
- Skins were originally planned for Update 0.10.0, but were postponed as they were too buggy.
- Before Update 0.11.1, there was a bug where Skin Packs could not be purchased.
- From Update 0.12.3 and Update 0.14.2, new skin packs were added in every update. The Halloween Costumes came in Update 0.12.3, the Biome Settlers 1 in Update 0.13.0, the Holiday Skin Pack 2015 in Update 0.13.1, the Journey To The West in Update 0.13.2, the Redstone Specialists in Update 0.14.0, and the Minecraft: Story Mode in Update 0.14.1.
- As of Update 0.15.0, the skins UI has changed.
- As of now, the only way to have capes is through the MineCon Skin Pack, released with Update 0.15.9.