Most Status Effects
Status Effects are obtainable through Potions and Tipped Arrows. Some are also obtainable by Eating certain Items such as Golden Apples, while some can also be obtained through certain Mob attacks. They can also be obtained by Commands.
Status Effects are mainly used to grant buffs or debuffs to Mobs, Players, etc. They can be used to increase Health, run faster, see at night, etc.
|Absorption||Adds 2 special Absorption Hearts.||
Enchanted Golden Apple.
|Blindness||Reduces the player's vision.||/effect command|
|Fire Resistance||Immunity to Lava and Fire Damage.||
Potion of Fire Resistance.
Enchanted Golden Apples.
|Haste||Blocks break 20% faster per level.||Beacons|
|Health Boost||Adds extra 2 Hearts (4 health) per level for the duration of the effect.||-|
|Hunger||Hunger decrease by 0.025 per level for 16 seconds.|
|Instant Damage||Damages Player by 3 Hearts per level, heals Undead mobs.||Potion of Harming.|
|Instant Health||Heals Player by 3 Hearts per level, damages Undead mobs.||Potion of Healing.|
|Invisibility||Causes Entity to disappear. Other models on the entity (armor, weapons, items, etc.) do not disappear.||Potion of Invisibility.|
|Jump Boost||Allows the Player to jump higher by about 1/2 a block per level. Also reduces fall damage by half a heart per level.||Potion of Leaping.
|Levitation||Causes Player to float in the air||Shulkers|
|Mining Fatigue||Decreases mining and attack speed.||Elder Guardians|
|Nausea||Distorts the screen.||Pufferfish.|
|Night Vision||Makes everything appear fully bright.||Potion of Night Vision.|
|Poison||Deals 1/2 Heart Damage every 1.25 seconds. Cannot kill the player and mob. The Health Bar appears yellow-green.||
Potion of Poison.
|Resistance||Reduces damage taken.||Enchanted Golden Apple|
|Regeneration||Regeneration 1/2 Hearts every 2.5 Seconds.||
Potion of Regeneration.
Enchanted Golden Apple
|Saturation||Regenerates Food Meter.||/effect command|
|Slowness||Decreased walking speed by 15% per level.||Potion of Slowness|
|Speed||Increases Walking Speed by 20% per level.||Potion of Swiftness.
|Strength||Increases Melee damage.||Potion of Strength.
|Water Breathing||Oxygen Bar does not deplete underwater, increases vision underwater.||Potion of Water Breathing.|
|Weakness||Decreases Melee damage by .||Potion of Weakness.|
|Wither||Deals 1/2 Heart Damage every 2 seconds. Similar to poison, but kills the player and mob. The Health Bar appears black making the player's health difficult to track.||
Potion of Decay
- Some effects are in the game, but cannot be obtained yet legitimately.
- When a Zombie Villager is being cured, it will get Strength II and Nausea II Status Effects.
- Players cannot hit anything with their hand if they are inflicted with Weakness.
- When the Player trades with a Villager, the Villager will have Regeneration Effects.
- When inside a Nether Portal, the screen will show that of the Nausea status effect, however the Player does not have Nausea when they are in the Nether Portal.
- Blindness and Saturation are the only Status Effects that can only be obtained through Commands.
- Players' hands will slow down if they have Mining Fatigue.