The Stray Mob
Strays are stronger variations of Skeletons. Strays appear to be Skeletons wearing ragged clothing and holding a Bow. They fire Tipped Arrows which inflict Slowness I for 30 seconds upon any target they hit. Like Skeletons, they avoid Wolves.
It is best to use a Bow when attacking a Stray. Using melee attacks is not recommended as Strays inflict Slowness I which prevents the Player from charging too quickly, making it possible for the Stray to easily shoot him/her.
- The Stray Mob was first hinted by Jeb in a tweet, when he posted a picture of a new 'archer' Mob.
- Strays have the regular Skeleton drops, but can also drop Tipped Arrows of Slowness.
- Like regular Skeletons, Strays burn in the daylight.
- Strays have a chance to wear white dyed Leather Armor. Despite this, they drop regular Leather Armor when killed.
- The Stray is made up of two skins, mainly "stray", and "stray_overlay".
- Strays are the fourth Mob in MCPE that are able to apply Status Effects on the Player, the first being Cave Spiders, second being Wither Skeletons and the third being Witches.
- When given Invisibility, its "clothing" will still appear.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey