Generally only a few Strongholds, often just one, is generated in a World, making them hard to find. Sometimes they are generated in connection with a Village well.
Almost no outward indications exists, making them hard to find. However sometimes the Player can dig around a Village Well and locate the Stronghold. Sometimes even a door exist at the bottom of such a Well.
Rarely, the Stronghold will intersect with an Abandoned Mineshaft.
Strongholds vary in size but are generally large and complex like a maze, containing multiple rooms often with walls of Iron Bars, corridors, Libraries, stairwells, fountains, dead ends, and other features. Strongholds are lit by enough Torches to provide visibility in most areas, though not enough to suppress Mob from spawning.
It is possible to get loot from Chests present in Strongholds. They are:
Storage room Chests
Slab Altar Chests
|Iron Horse Armor||1/99||2.5%||1|
|Gold Horse Armor||1/99||2.5%||1|
|Diamond Horse Armor||1/99||2.5%||1|
- Strongholds are by far the biggest Generated Structures, often being larger than Villages.
- Bug: There was an Android-exclusive bug in which Strongholds could not spawn.
- If a Player leaves a World where there was supposed to be a Stronghold, it would crash the game.
- In the Beta Version of Update 0.16.0, it was impossible to create a World with Strongholds at all, the game would crash and even deleting the World was impossible.
- As of Update 1.0, Strongholds generate randomly across a World, even as far as the Far Lands, instead of exclusively underneath Villages.
Moss Stone Boulders | Abandoned Mineshaft (Mesa Mineshafts) | Dungeon | Mineral Vein | Desert Well | Lava Pools | Fallen Tree | Caves | Ravine | Stronghold | Village | Giant Mushrooms | Ice Spikes | Libraries | Desert Temple | Witch Hut | Jungle Temple | Ocean Monument | Igloo | Nether Fortress | Glowstone Cluster | End City | Chorus Tree | End Gateway Portal