A block of TNT
Solid block (explosive) (solid when idle)
Only when primed
Flint and Steel, Redstone emitters
- It can be used for clearing a large area of land.
- It can be used as an expensive way to kill Mobs.
- It can also be used to kill Silverfish without alerting other Silverfish in the vicinity.
- It can be used for resource-finding purposes.
- It can be used to set up traps as well.
- It can be used as both the propellant and ammunition of a TNT cannon.
TNT can be activated by:
- Using Flint and Steel
- Shooting it with a Flame Enchanted Bow or an Arrow passing through Lava
- Using a Redstone power source
- Lava or Fire nearby
- Using a Fire Charge
- Dispensing TNT out of a Dispenser.
- Other TNT exploding nearby
- Wither Skulls shot by the Wither
- Tools Enchanted with Fire Aspect
- Creepers exploding nearby
- TNT explosions are larger than a Creeper's.
- In Creative, TNT could only be ignited using Lava before Update 0.8.0.
- Endermen can pick up TNT, but if it is primed, they will immediately drop it.
- This is because Primed TNT is not counted as a Block, but as an entity.
- If the Enderman drops TNT, it will explode immediately.
- TNT can be lit underwater; however, nearby Blocks will not be destroyed by TNT.
- It will still damage surrounding entities and Players.
- Primed TNT obeys Gravity when ignited.
- TNT is affected by flowing Water when ignited.
- Blowing up TNT next to other TNT will immediately prime and launch nearby TNT into the air.
- During an early version of the game, blowing up TNT while it was next to another TNT block would crash the game.
- TNT can be found in Desert Temples, making them the only way to get TNT naturally.
- Fishing Rods can be used to "catch" and change the direction of Primed TNT.
- TNT is actually a short for Trinitrotoluene.
- In Survival Mode, if the Player was to be directly hit by TNT without any armour or effects, the impact would immediately kill him or her, thus take precaution when using it.
- The Player can put Blocks between them and the TNT to reduce damage, but if there are multiple TNT's, most of these defenses will vanish in the initial blast.