Players that fall into the Void die an instant death in Survival Mode. In Creative Mode, it was possible for Players to die but this feature was removed in Update 0.11.0. The Player cannot build in the Void.
In Creative Mode, Players must first reach the layer of Bedrock and then dig through it. They will fall into the Void and keep falling unless they start flying or fall onto Invisible Bedrock.
The only way the Void can be accessed in Survival Mode is by breaking the Bedrock layer on Creative Mode and switching back to Survival Mode.
- Mobs will die too if they fall into the Void.
- It is nearly impossible to make Endermen fall into the Void as they will teleport away.
- In the Console Edition of the game, the Void cannot be accessed since the final Bedrock layer is unbreakable.
- In Superflat Worlds, the Player cannot see the Bedrock layer at the Invisible Bedrock. But if the Render Distance is high enough, in other world types, the Bedrock is visible.
- Items will disappear once they enter the Void.
- If the Player generates a world on a version of Minecraft which only has Old Worlds, and then upgrades the game to one with Infinite Worlds, and then converts the Old World to an Infinite World, there would be large square pits outside the boundaries of the Old World that lead to the Void.