List of Tools
See specific pages for more detailed information:
- Pickaxe – Used to mine Stone related blocks and Ores faster.
- Axe – Used to chop Wood related blocks and Pumpkins faster.
- Shears – Used to obtain Wool from Sheep, as well as for mining Wool faster, and obtaining Leaves, Vines, Ferns, Large Ferns, Grass and Tall Grass.
- Shovel – Used for breaking Dirt, Sand, Clay, and Gravel faster. Can also be used to turn Grass into a Grass Path.
- Hoe – Used for turning Dirt, Grass Block, and Grass Path into Farmland to grow crops.
- Sword – Used for attacking Mobs and other Players with higher damage. Used to break Cobwebs and Melons faster.
- Flint and Steel – Used for setting Mobs and Blocks on Fire. Also used for igniting Creepers, TNT and a Nether Portal.
- Bow – Used for attacking Mobs and other Players at a distance.
- Armor – Used to reduce damage received by Players and Mobs.
- Clock – Used to tell the position of the Sun and the Moon.
- Compass – Points towards the original spawn point. (Not one set by a Bed)
- Fishing Rod – Used to catch Fish, junk and treasures in Water.
- Maps – Used to load up parts of the world the Player has explored, and to pinpoint the location of other Players.
- Glass Bottle – Used for Brewing and storing of Potions.
- Carrot on a Stick – Used to guide tamed Pigs.
Tools have various tiers, where each tier has a different amount of uses:
Some tools do not have tiers, but still have a fixed amount of uses. They are:
- Fishing Rod – 65 uses.
- Flint and Steel – 65 uses.
- Bow – 385 uses.
- Carrot on a Stick – 65 uses.
- Shears – 238 uses.
List of Appliances
The Blocks in this list have infinite durability, unless stated otherwise:
- Anvil – Used to Enchant, rename and repair other tools. Does have durability.
- Enchantment Table – Used to enchant tools, Armors, and weapons.
- Brewing Stand – Used to make Potions.
- Cauldron – Used to hold water for Potions or Dying.
- Chest – Used to hold other items.
- Crafting Table – Used to Craft items.
- Dropper – Can hold items, and then drop them when given a Redstone signal.
- Dispenser – Can hold items, and then utilise or dispense them when given a Redstone signal.
- Ender Chest- Can hold other items and accessible from other Ender Chests.
- Hopper – Is a small Container, capable of transfering items to and from other containers.
- Furnace – Used to smelt items, and cook Food.
- Tools are not stackable due to the fact that they have durability. The exception to this are empty Glass Bottles.