Pre-Release | 0.1.0
Update 0.15.0 (The Friendly Update) was an update to Minecraft Pocket Edition that was released on June 13, 2016 for all platforms.
Redstone Phase 3
- Sticky Pistons
- Version Exclusive: The neck of the Piston has a broader base
- Version Exclusive: Levers can be placed on Pistons
- Version Exclusive: Can push Block Entities
- Observer Block
Blocks & Items
- Horse Armor
- Carrot on a Stick
- Fire Charges
- Name Tags
- All naming easter eggs
- Tipped Arrows
- Version Exclusive: Created by dipping arrows in potion-filled Cauldrons
- Wither Skeleton Spawn Egg
- Horse Spawn Egg
- Donkey Spawn Egg
- Mule Spawn Egg
- Skeleton Horse Spawn Egg
- Zombie Horse Spawn Egg
- Husk Spawn Egg
- Stray Spawn Egg
- Biome Based Villages: Taiga, Ice Plain and Cold Taiga Villages using Spruce Wood instead of Oak Wood; The Savanna Villages uses Acacia Wood, and Zombie Villages use Moss Stone floors.
- Jungle Temples
- Anti-Aliasing Option (Windows 10 and VR Only)
- Version Exclusive: Changing the player's username to "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" will flip the player upside down.
- New Home Screen Layout.
- This version is the first version not supported on iOS 7 or earlier.
- Pigs can now be ridden.
- Saddles can now be used to ride Pigs and Horses.
- Eating Particles and Sounds for Passive Mobs.
- Updated Skeleton AI.
- The Enderman now spawn in the Nether.
Blocks and Items
- Cauldrons and Hoppers can now be stood inside.
- Maps can now be crafted with 8 Paper and 1 Compass.
- Trapdoors don't need blocks on any of their sides to be placed.