Pre-Release | 0.1.0
Update 0.16.0 (AKA The Boss Update) was a major update for Minecraft Pocket Edition. It was stated to be released on October 18, 2016, but was delayed. It was released on October 21, 2016 for Android and Win10 versions, while iOS versions received the update on October 25, 2016.
The final Beta Build was Build 5.
- Custom Resource Packs
- Added the 23 first Commands
- Loot Tables
- Search Box in Creative Mode (Windows 10 only)
- Version Exclusive: Has a Magnifying Glass icon
- Various new sounds
Blocks and Items
- Prismarine Bricks
- Dark Prismarine
- Sea Lanterns
- Prismarine Crystals
- Prismarine Shards
- Elder Guardian Spawn Egg
- Guardian Spawn Egg
- Nether Stars
- Wet Sponge
- Version Exclusive: Potion of Decay
- Version Exclusive: Arrow of Decay
- Deep Oceans
- The Wither
- Version Exclusive: Spawns Wither Skeletons when it reaches 50% Health.
- New Settings Screen Layout
- New Create World and Pause Game UI
- Customized Buttons for In-Game Actions
- Mining Fatigue and Haste status effects are now obtainable in Survival and Creative modes.
- Removed "Generating World" screen when entering a Nether Portal.
- Changed background when trying to access Realms.
- Scrolling in chat is now possible.
- Large Houses in Taiga Villages now generate with a single chest containing crops.
Blocks and Items
- Version Exclusive: Maps show different colors according to different Biomes.
- Sponges now soak up Water and have an updated texture.
- Blocks of Iron, Gold, Emerald, and Diamonds can now be used to 'power' Beacons.
- All types of Monster Eggs are now available in the Creative Inventory.
- Cocoa Beans are no longer craftable.
- Chests no longer display their custom name above the GUI.
- Furnace GUI now has descriptions to label each slot. (Input, Fuel, Result)
- Bricks and Nether Bricks (item) are now available in the Creative Inventory.
- Steak is now renamed as Cooked Beef.
- Iron Golems now attack the Player when provoked.
- The button no longer appears when riding a Horse. The Player can access the Horse's Inventory by opening their own Inventory.
- All Hostile Mobs wielding a weapon now have a chance of dropping it.
- All Hostile Mobs wearing armor will no longer drop their armor 100% of the time.