More 0.9.0 Info and Gameplay Here!
Update 0.9.0 was an update for Minecraft Pocket Edition. It was a mainly survival-oriented update and provided Pocket Edition with a bunch of new and exciting additions. It was the biggest update in Pocket Edition history.
- Roofed Forest
- Taiga/Mega Spruce Taiga
- Mushroom Island
- The Far Biome (0.9.x)
- Caves (currently no option to turn them off unless old terrain.)
- Lava Pools
- Abandoned Mineshafts
- Have degraded AI which means they cannot trade or open/close doors nor breed yet.
- Diorite, Granite, and Andesite, in normal and polished versions.
- Hardened Clay and Stained Clay (Up to 16 colors)
- Red Sand (in Mesa and Plateau Biomes)
- End stone (creative mode only)
- Packed Ice (Ice Spikes Biome)
- Emerald Ore
- Mob spawners
- End Portal Frame
- Does not take you to The End, only for decoration.
Creative Inventory Additions
Items from past updates that will be added to the creative menu in update 0.9.0.
- Double Tall Grass
- Large Fern
- Acacia Sapling
- Jungle Sapling
- Dark Oak Sapling (Cannot be grown by Bonemeal)
Naturally Generated Blocks
- Tall Grass
- Dead Bushes
- Stone Bricks
- Cracked Stone Bricks
- Mossy Stone Bricks
- Stone Brick Stairs
- Stone Slabs
- Iron Bars
- Monster Spawners
- Poppy (replaces the Cyan Flower)
- Blue Orchid
- Azure Bluet
- Tulips (available in all 4 colors)
- Oxeye Daisy
- Sun Flower
- Rose Bush
- Updated inventory and crafting screen, and stonecutter screen.
- Invisible Bedrock gets removed If world is changed to Infinite
- New textures for the tops and bottoms of birch, spruce and jungle wood
- Biome-tinted Grass
- Spiders are spawned by leaves, created a higher spawning rate of spiders in forests at night.
Option to select world type
- Option to imput the world's seed
Ability to pick world sizes
- Old (same as current size)
- New ways to obtain Nether-related items such as Mineshafts, Dungeons and Strongholds.
- Gravel no longer falls from spawn
- Beds will no longer restore health
In a recent stream that was released of 0.9.0 build 1, we see that cave generation is basically complete. Also, there are several new blocks and features like flowers and diorite. A few bugs are that trees can generate over water, and that the world starts with the player being one heart short of full health. The stream is here.
- When is the update?
It was released July 10th.
- How can I get Beta on iOS?
You can't, Beta is only for Android
- Does beta work on Kindle?
- Is (Insert here) Going to be in the update?
If it's not on the page, no.
- Can I edit the page?
Ask an admin. Don't just comment here.
- CAN JOO AD TEH MONKEEZ TO TEH GAMEZ?!?!1111?!?!?!
No, we are not Mojang, we are a fan site, therefore we do not dictate what goes in the game.
- Are you sure we are getting Andesite?
If it's on the page, it's probably guaranteed, it will have a citation)
- What Biomes are we getting Exactly?
The ones on the page at least.
- Why Mojang! I wanted Ravines!
We can't change what was in the update, nor what will be added when. There is next to nothing the community can do on what will be added.
- Can I be an Admin?!?!?!?
This isn't a question for here, go ask Dblcut3
- Θέλω την ενημέρωση τόσο άσχημα!
We don't speak Greek, or Italian, or any other languages for this matter. This is an English wiki, please speak English or use a translator.
- Do you know about this glitch in the 0.9.0 beta?
You are a BETA TESTER! It's your job to tell Mojang about the Glitches you find, go Here to tell them: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCPE
- I thought Mojang fixed all the bugs in 0.9.0!
Again, it's your job to test it, not all the bugs are fixed.
- How do I fix my sink?
This is a page for Update 0.9.0, please only ask questions about update 0.9.0. We don't specifically want to help you fix you sink or repair your brakes or find out how to get cookie clickers on your iPad, so please only ask about Update 0.9.0.
- There's a question here that wasn't answered!
Then you can still ask, FAQ doesn't forbid you from asking, just make sure to check here first.