A Wood Hut
- Plains – Oak Wood and Cobblestone
- Savannah – Acacia Wood and Cobblestone
- Taiga – Spruce Wood and Cobblestone
- Desert – Sandstone
- Ice Plains – Spruce Wood and Cobblestone
Villages have a chance to spawn as Zombie Villages. In this case, they will consist of Mossy Cobblestone, Vines and Cobwebs, and Zombie Villagers will spawn in place of regular Villagers. They don't contain any Doors or torches.
Doorless Wood Huts
- May spawn with a balcony on top.
- The largest type of house in the Village.
- May have a chest containing crops.
- Contain Chests with loot.
- Spawns with Lava source on the outside.
- Not every Village contains one.
- Contains two Furnaces.
- Made of Cobblestone, has three floors, and generates with a Priest (or cleric)
- Not all Villages have one.
- Generally the tallest building in the Village.
- Black Wool with Torches on 4 sides and held up by 3 Oak Fences.
- Not every Village contains them. More likely to spawn in Villages without Blacksmiths and Churches.
- Made of Cobblestone and Oak Fences (Sandstone and Oak Fences in Desert Villages).
- Mobs who fall in cannot get out.
- Has a 1/1000 chance that it can lead to a Stronghold.
Most of the houses in a Village have rather simple interiors. Possibly a brown Carpet Table with Stairs used as chairs. Of the more interesting houses are the Library with Bookshelves and a Crafting Table, and the Blacksmith's house with a Loot Chest.
The following items can be found in the blacksmith chest that sometimes spawns in a village.
|Group count: 3-8|
|Iron Horse Armor||1/94||1.1%||1|
|Gold Horse Armor||1/94||1.1%||1|
|Diamond Horse Armor||1/94||1.1%||1|
In a Taiga or Ice Plains Village there may be a house with a Chest with loot with the following distribution:
|Group count: 6-8|
- Although the chances are extremely low, there is a chance that a Village may spawn in an Old world.
- Some Villages can rarely generate together, creating double or triple Villages.
- Often, when this happens, Grass Paths and buildings may overwrite structures from another Village.
- Sometimes, Lava in Blacksmiths can flow through the house at Village generation near spawn.
- There is a fixed bug in which the Blacksmith building would burn down due to the lava kept within cobblestone by the entrance.
- Villages are currently the only sources of fully grown Beetroots.
- However, not all Villages generate with a Beetroot farm.
- Biome-based Villages were added in Update 0.15.0, as well as Zombie Villages.
- There is an Android-exclusive bug in Update 0.15.0 where the Stronghold entrance will spawn on surface, replacing the Well, or only the Stronghold staircase spawns underground, and sometimes causes game crash upon quitting the world.
- Despite Pressure Plates having been added, Villages still spawn with Brown Carpet.
- Bug: In Update 0.11.1, farms won't generate.
- Large Houses in Taiga Villages generate with a single chest containing crops.
- This is due to the fact that Crops don't grow very well in the Taiga Villages.
- Prior to Update 0.11.0, Village roads were made of Gravel spawned instead of Grass Paths.
Moss Stone Boulders | Abandoned Mineshaft (Mesa Mineshafts) | Dungeon | Mineral Vein | Desert Well | Lava Pools | Fallen Tree | Caves | Ravine | Stronghold | Village | Giant Mushrooms | Ice Spikes | Libraries | Desert Temple | Witch Hut | Jungle Temple | Ocean Monument | Igloo | Nether Fortress | Glowstone Cluster | End City | Chorus Tree | End Gateway Portal | Woodland Mansion