Most common weather type, was originally the default in-game. The Sun is out and the sky is its regular blue.
- Rain occurs in most Biomes except dry and cold biomes, like Deserts and Ice Spike biomes.
- Extinguishes Fire (both on Blocks and the Player/Mobs).
- Damages Endermen, Snow Golems, and Blazes.
- Increases luck when fishing.
- Crops mature faster.
- Only snows in snowy biomes, like Taiga, and in cold biomes such as Extreme Hills, above a certain height but below y=128.
- Covers blocks with Top Snow.
- Version Exclusive: Snow Layers obey Gravity.
- Version Exclusive: During snowfall, Leaves in snowy biomes will slowly turn frosty.
- Decreases the light level to 7, making the sky dark, allowing Hostile Mobs to spawn during the day.
- Causes lightning to fall, causing () damage to be dealt to Players and Mobs.
- Sleeping in a thunderstorm is possible, regardless of whether it is night or not.