Alternatively, when used in the Nether, a Skeleton Spawn Egg has an 80% chance to spawn a Wither Skeleton.
They have a small chance to spawn wearing Armor.
Wither Skeletons walk slowly when idle, but when they see the Player, they pursue quickly and attack using a Stone Sword. They have a chance to inflict the Player with the Wither I Status Effect, which is similar to Poison, but can kill the Player.
- Wither Skeleton Skulls can be used to spawn the Wither Boss as of Update 0.16.0.
- Version Exclusive: Wither Skeletons spawn when the Wither is at 50% Health.
- Wither Skeletons have a small chance to drop their Skull without having to be blown up by a Charged Creeper, the only mob to do so.
- Wither Skeletons have a larger hitbox than normal Skeletons, thus making them easier to kill as they can't travel through 2-Block high gaps.
- Wither Skeletons, being from the Nether, do not burn in Sunlight.
- Wither Skeletons are the second Mobs in MCPE that apply Status Effects to the Player, the 1st being the Cave Spider.
- As of Update 0.15.0, Wither Skeletons have a new AI.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey