Zombies are hostile mobs, and the first of the kind implemented in Minecraft Pocket Edition. They drop 0-2 Feathers, 0-1 Carrots, 0-1 Potatoes, and 0-2 Rotten Flesh if they are killed, and usually spawn in groups of six. They also burn in sunlight, taking fire damage every second.
Zombies attack the player by hitting them with their arms, while swinging them up slightly in the process. If they are on fire, they can also set the player on fire if they attack them.
Zombies have a small chance of spawning more zombies in a small radius when attacked by an entity.
Zombies are easy to kill with a sword, preferably stone or above. A Bow can also be used when fighting large groups of zombies.
Baby Zombies are variants of Zombies that have a 5% chance to spawn in place of any regular zombie. They run faster than the player, and do not burn in sunlight.
- After fire was removed in 0.3.0 due to bugs they emitted smoke and received damage until they died. Since fire was added back, however, both Skeletons and Zombies burn in daylight.
- There is a variant of Zombies known as Zombie Villagers that will be added in Update 0.12.0.
- Zombies will not burn if in shade or in water.
- Zombies have the same face as the player's default skin, except painted green and black.
- Zombies do more damage when they have less health.
- In MCPE Lite, Zombies are presently the only hostile mobs.
- Baby Zombies will not burn in sunlight.
|Hostile Mobs/Neutral Mobs|
Creeper | Enderman (Neutral) | Wolf (Neutral Mob) | Skeleton | Zombie | Zombie Pigmen | Zombie Villager | Spider (Neutral) | Cave Spider | Slime | Silverfish | Wither Skeletons | Blaze | Iron Golem (Neutral) | Snow Golem (neutral)