Zombie Pigmen wield a Golden Sword (rarely enchanted) that can deal about 2 1/2 hearts () of damage per hit. They are also faster than other Mobs, making them superior to most Hostile Mobs. They can sometimes spawn with Armor.
Zombie Pigmen are pack Mobs, meaning if one is attacked, all others in the area will also attack the Player.
- In Update 0.13.2, there was a bug that prevents Zombie Pigmen's second skin HAT layer from showing.
- Before Update 0.12.1, Zombie Pigmen were naturally hostile.
- Before Update 0.12.1, Zombie Pigmen used to spawn from the Nether Reactor.
- Before Update 0.11.0, Zombie Pigmen didn't have a HAT layer and appeared to burn in sunlight; however, they didn't take damage.
- Since Update 0.12.1, Zombie Pigmen have a chance to appear with an Enchanted Gold Sword.
- Like Zombies, they can break down doors on Hard Difficulty.
- If a Pig is struck by lightning, it will turn into a Zombie Pigman.
- However, if this occurs on Peaceful Mode, the Pig will just disappear since the Zombie Pigman cannot spawn.
- Bug: As of Update 0.14.3, there is a bug where Zombie Pigman Armor is invisible.
- Zombie Pigmen used to have red flesh instead of green flesh.
- In Update 0.15.0, if the Player uses a Zombie Pigman Spawn Egg in a Desert, it will spawn Husks.
- However, this was fixed in Update 0.15.3.
- After Update 0.16.0, Zombie Pigmen have a chance to drop their Golden Sword.
- However, the Golden Sword will often be damaged.
- Easter Egg: The texture files of the Pigman display the words "THX XAPHOBIA".
- Notch added this to give thanks to the person who made the texture.
- Even though they are not damaged by Snowballs, Zombie Pigman still become hostile if hit by one.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey