Zombie Pigman were added in 0.5.0. They spawn from the Nether Machine , and will attack if they notice the player. About 6 or 7 of them spawn before the reactor is finished, and they come in waves of 2 and 3.
They wield Gold Swords just like the PC/Mac and 360 versions and can deal about 2 1/2 hearts of damage per hit. They are slightly faster than the other hostile mobs, making them superior above all the other Mobs except Creepers
Fighting them is rather simple. Once spawned, they will stand still for a few seconds. If they notice the player, they will then attack it. If not, they will circle the reactor until they do. They are fast and they have more health than Zombies and Skeletons, meaning it is best you have a sword before fighting them. Armor would be useful as well.
- In PE they drop gold ingots where in PC and xbox they drop gold nuggets
- The Zombie Pigmen's face in Pocket Edition is completly green and white unlike the PC and xbox Version which they are pink and green.
- In the PC Version and Xbox version, they come from the Nether. However, since techinal problems, the creators just added the Nether Machine, which creates them
- They are always hostile to you like normal zombies- unlike the PC and Xbox version where they only become hostile when attacked.
- There is an issue where they'd burn in the sun when they should be immune to fire even though they're from the Nether Machine.
- Strangley, the pigmen in the PC/Mac version of minecraft are nuetrual, but if one of them is hit every pigman from a 10 to 25 block radius will gang up on you, in PE they will attack once they notice you, and they will gang up on you as well