Zombie Pigmen wield a Golden Sword (rarely enchanted) that can deal about 2 1/2 hearts () of damage per hit. They are also faster than other Mobs, making them superior to most Hostile Mobs. They can sometimes spawn with Armor.
- In Update 0.13.2, there was a bug that prevents Zombie Pigmen's second skin HAT layer from showing.
- Before Update 0.12.1, Zombie Pigmen were naturally hostile.
- Before Update 0.12.1, Zombie Pigmen used to spawn from the Nether Reactor.
- Before Update 0.11.0, Zombie Pigmen didn't have a HAT layer and appeared to burn in sunlight; however, they didn't take damage.
- Since Update 0.12.1, Zombie Pigmen have a chance to appear with an Enchanted Gold Sword.
- Like Zombies, they can break down doors on Hard Difficulty.
- If a Pig is struck by lightning, it will turn into a Zombie Pigman.
- However, if this occurs on Peaceful Mode, the Pig will just disappear since the Zombie Pigman cannot spawn.
- Bug: As of Update 0.14.3, there is a bug where Zombie Pigman Armor is invisible.
- Zombie Pigmen used to have red flesh instead of green flesh.
- In Update 0.15.0, if the Player uses a Zombie Pigman Spawn Egg in a Desert, it will spawn Husks.
- However, this was fixed in Update 0.15.3.
- After Update 0.16.0, Zombie Pigmen have a chance to drop their Golden Sword.
- However, the Golden Sword will often be damaged.
- Easter Egg: The texture files of the Pigman display the words "THX XAPHOBIA".
- Notch added this to give thanks to the person who made the texture.
- Even though they are not damaged by Snowballs, Zombie Pigman still become hostile if hit by one.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Rabbit
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear
TamableWolf • Ocelot • Horse • Llama
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey